Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort & Conference Centre
About Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort & Conference Centre
Born from humble beginnings in 1946, Tigh-Na-Mara, Gaelic for “House By The Sea,” has evolved from a single tent into one of the premier all-season destination resorts on Vancouver Island. The picturesque 22-acre property with towering Douglas fir, cedar and arbutus forest, is perched above three kilometres of sandy beach with panoramic views of the Salish Sea.
Today, our unique property features rustic charm in the heart of nature with 192 handcrafted log guestrooms, full service Grotto Spa, awarding winning dining in our two signature restaurants, fitness facilities, and the most extensive resort Recreation Program on Vancouver Island. If business in the heart of nature is on your agenda, come utilize one of our 12 meeting rooms offering 10,000 square feet of flexible event space, featuring both indoor and outdoor venues.
We have over 280 Team Members many who have been with us in excess of 5 years or more.
Tigh-Na-Mara’s values guide us in our daily interactions with our guests, our team, and our stakeholders:
- We empower our team
- We forgive honest mistakes
- We support training, education and personal growth
- We support our community through sustainable practices
- We interact as a team with integrity and respect
- We provide a positive, fun and caring environment
- We provide warm and sincere service
- We encourage open and honest communication
- We create an environment that embraces the opportunity for change
- We recognize and celebrate our achievements