Small Business BC
About Small Business BC
About Small Business BC
A Champion for British Columbia’s Small Business Community
British Columbians possess an entrepreneurial flair unmatched across Canada. In fact, 98 per cent of business in our province is small business. Small Business BC is the premier resource centre for these entrepreneurs. We are a non-profit organization that exists to help BC entrepreneurs start and grow their own businesses. Like the entrepreneurs we serve, we are a small business made up of a small and mighty team with a passion for entrepreneurship.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Small Business BC is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that empowers entrepreneurs from all backgrounds to thrive and succeed.
Read our full DEI statement and learn more about creating more equitable and diverse workplaces.
Over 30 years ago, Expo ’86 brought the world to British Columbia highlighting the opportunities and potential that existed in our Province. To help avail of this changing business landscape, the Province of British Columbia created a Provincial agency to help entrepreneurs get off the ground. In 2002, Small Business BC was established out of this agency, standing as an independent, forward-facing non-profit. Since then, we have transitioned with the times to build a roster of products and services designed to equip entrepreneurs with the skills needed to thrive in our digital world.
In any given quarter, Small Business BC can serve almost two hundred and fifty thousand clients via our website, in person, or over the phone. Our presence creates a tangible, positive resource within a province that ranks first in Canada in terms of small businesses per capita.
How Small Business BC Helps Entrepreneurs
It’s often said entrepreneurship can be a lonely endeavour. Small Business BC exists to provide support throughout the process. From starting a business, to building resiliency and long-term growth, when an entrepreneur decides to start a business, we are standing by with the products, services and advice they need to achieve their business goals. Our range of supports includes free resources like our business plan template, to seminars/webinars, one-on-one expert advisories and programs we administer such as the Canada Digital Adoption Program and Export Navigator. Unsure of where to start? Book our free 30-minute advisory and learn the programs, resources and supports available to BC entrepreneurs.
Our Mission and Vision
Small Business BC is an independent non-profit organization that exists to elevate every BC business. Whether we offer the service you need or connect you to another source, our goal is the same – to help you succeed.
SBBC supports British Columbia’s entrepreneurs to start and grow successful and resilient businesses through expert business advisors, educational services, high-value, innovative and professional resources and engaging community events.
Our vision for achieving this is by empowering entrepreneurs and contributing to the economy in every community throughout British Columbia with the resources and skills that fuel innovation, sustainability, and growth.
- Entrepreneur Focused: We proactively provide programs and individualized services that exceed the expectations of business owners and startups.
- Integrity: We are honest and forthright. We act ethically and deliver what we promise.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We strive to create an open, accessible, inclusive, and equitable environment in which every individual has the opportunity to flourish.
- Collaborative Partnerships: We advocate and collaborate with individuals and organizations to meet the business owner and startup needs.
- Innovation and Excellence: We are constantly improving, pursuing excellence in all we do to be the preeminent business service provider in British Columbia.
- Community Oriented: We are an active member and vital part of the communities we serve.
- Wellness: Pursuing a balanced, healthy and fulfilling life.
- Stewardship: We manage all SBBC resources effectively and transparently.
Our Service Guarantee
Small Business BC is committed to providing the highest levels of customer service to our clients. Our team is invested in your success and nothing gives us greater pleasure than seeing your business idea come to life.
If, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with the service you receive, we encourage you to let us know and we will do our best to correct the issue promptly.