John Howard Society of Victoria
About John Howard Society of Victoria
Creating safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all
We are dedicated to assisting individuals, families, youth and adults with programs and services focused on employment, housing, mentorship, restorative justice. We aim to restore dignity and self-worth to all who have lost hope.
To create a safe, healthy and inclusive community for all.
To contribute to a safer, stronger and more sustainable community by supporting people to achieve greater independence.
Our Service Commitments
We commit to respectfully supporting and championing the human rights of our clients and delivering on our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
We commit to treating each person with dignity and respect in a non-judgemental manner.
We commit to supporting our clients to change and grow, to make informed decisions and to have the agency to act on their own behalf.
Our Team Values
We value listening, working and evolving with each other, our partners and our community to best serve our clients.
We value embracing challenges with the determination to learn, evolve and grow.
We value operating with integrity and being responsible and answerable to each other, clients and the community.
- Commitment to work in partnership with professionals and stakeholders involved within the local community.
- People have the right to live in a safe and peaceful society, maintaining their responsibility to respect laws.
- Every person has intrinsic worth and the right to be treated with dignity, equity, fairness, and compassion without discrimination. In particular, those involved in the criminal justice process should be treated in a manner that is consistent with the provisions of the Canadian Human Rights Act.
- All people have the potential to become responsible citizens.
- Every person has the right and responsibility to be informed about and involved in the criminal justice process.
- Justice is best served through measures that resolve conflicts, repair harm and restore peaceful relations in society.
- Independent, autonomous, non-government voluntary organizations have a vital role in the criminal justice process.