Cowichan Green Community
Cultivating food, community, and resilience.
About Cowichan Green Community
- Cowichan Green Community Society, (CGC) is a non-profit organization that has been focusing on environmental sustainability in the Cowichan Region since 2004.
- We envision a food secure Cowichan nourished by celebrating our connection to food, to our environment and to each other. Cowichan Green Community cultivates resilient, inclusive and healthy local food systems and vibrant social fabric. Our Mission is to cultivate food, community, and resilience.
- CGC is a hub for social innovation, community engagement and community building. Our food security projects include the creation of food policy documents such as the Cowichan Food Charter and the Cowichan Food Security Plan, projects like reFRESH Food Recovery, FruitSave – a fruit gleaning project- and community gardens. We also run educational programs like our KinPark Kid’s Camp, and organize Seedy Saturdays to promote the role of ecological agriculture in the local community.
Cowichan Farm and Food Hub
2431 Beverly Street Duncan, B.C. V9L 3A1
Industry Type: Agriculture, Food Services
|https://twitter.com/Cowichan Green Community|
- More than 3 sick days
- Professional development training
- $25 of free recovered food each month
- free access to workshops
- and discounts on kids camp.